FAQ for NSCC students
1. Why should I attend the job fair?
The job fair targets IT students of all fields. It gives you an opportunity to network with industry professionals, and to present yourself as a valuable asset to an organization.
2. What career development opportunities are available to NSCC IT students at the event?
Through the event, NSCC IT students can find:
- - Employment: work terms, co-ops, and full time work.
- - A conference and learn about industry-relevant best practices.
- - Participate in activities. Examples of activities that have occurred at past events include: speed interviews, getting a profile picture taken, signing up for the Halifax Partnership Connector program, getting immigration advice, and having a chance to win door prizes.
3. Where can I find more information about the job fair?
You can find more information about our job fair through our website. Should you wish to inquire any further, feel free to email or call us.
4. How can I attend the job fair?
You need to be an NSCC IT student and you need to register on this site.
5. Is there a fee to pay?
The job fair is free of charge for all students.
6. What is the dress code?
Business casual is preferred.
7. What do companies expect from students?
Employers are always on the look out for good people. They want to have the chance to meet you and talk about potential career opportunities.
8. Do job interviews take place at the job fair?
Depending on the company, some interviews will be conducted in what we call an “on-the-spot interview”. Be prepared!